My oldest daughter and I are a lot alike. Unfortunately even when it comes to our quick temper.
So a few evenings ago we sat down and asked the Lord what we could do about it. First we prayed. Then we got into the Word.
He showed us that:
- “fly off the handle anger” isn’t a fruit of the Spirit *self-control is* (Galatians 5:22)
- Mightiness/rule over your Spirit is a good thing (Proverbs 16:32)
- We can find that strength when we wait on Him (Isaiah 40:31)
Isn’t that amazing? Through the Word and guidance of the Holy Spirit we were:
- Showed an area where we needed to mature
- Told why maturity in this area would be a blessing to us
- Taught how to mature in Him
Jesus left nothing out.
He never does. 🙂